Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

May 20, 2012

Casual Sweaters

I've been looking for the perfect casual pullover sweater since last winter. I didn't think it would be that hard to find one, but I've only found my favourite one today after months of searching. I know it totally sounds like the wrong time to buy a sweater, but the one's I've been looking for are the slightly sheer, lightweight ones that can be worn in the spring/summer.

I usually check Zara and Aritzia for new sweaters, but I haven't been liking the new ones lately. I find that Zara's pullover sweaters are too boxy for my body type and I dislike the necklines. Also, even though Aritzia has sweaters that are cut the way I like, those tend to be too delicate for everyday wear. The coral sweater I bought a few months ago already has a hole in it (I snagged it on a bracelet)! :(

The one I bought is a Monk & Lou sweater from Plenty, which retails at $42. It's thin enough that I can wear it with my Mackage Kenya or an oversized cardigan on top, but the price point is low enough that I don't have to baby it for fear that it's going to rip. I like it so much that I ordered a white one too.
 

The celebrity outfits below are ideas of how I'll be wearing the sweater. A lot of the outfits are variations of the same basic pieces (ex. different coloured/printed pants, high heels or flats, etc.). Some people might think that's boring, but the verstality of this type of sweater is what makes it such a great piece. It's also really easy to throw on when you're in a hurry or just being lazy like me!



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.