Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

May 15, 2012

All About Flats


Even though I'm really short, I've never been a heels girl. I strongly dislike wearing/walking in heels, which is why I only wear them for really special occasions. If I can get away with it, I'll wear a pair of flats 99% of the time. By flats, I mean loafer, ballet flats, converse, TOMS, etc. After reading a thread on Mallvibes about a girl asking everyone what their favourite flats are, I went and looked at all the flats I have (clearly I have nothing better to do).

I counted over 15 pairs (there are a few that are in another closet....). I didn't even know I had that many! My favourite ones are listed below.

1// Unif 'hellraiser':

These are the most comfortable (lambskin leather), but it can get difficult when I'm trying not to scratch everything up around me (like my bf's car).




2// Coach 'skyla':

My first slightly expensive pair of flats. I bought these close to two years ago, and I still love them. These will probably be my favourite flats... until I get the Ferragamo ones! The only bad thing about these is that the patent leather is really easy to scratch and they're not incredibly comfortable if you're walking for a long time.


 

3// Modcloth 'you'll be the mist':

One of my many pairs of nude flats. These are a darker pink than a true nude, but I love them nonetheless. These took the longest to break in, because the leather was quite rigid.


4// Aldo 'buschur':

My first pair of loafers. I get a lot of questions about these shoes when I wear them. I think it has to do with the fact that they sold out completely within a week in stores and online. Also, leopard flats were all the rage when I bought them (a few months ago), but the other shoe stores in Vancouver seemed to carry ones that had a cheaper looking pattern to them. These took a while to break in too.


5// TOMS:

I have 3 pairs (classic, stone washed, glitter), but I'm planning to get the crochet ones as well. I know some people hate TOMS because they can make your fit stink if you wear them a lot. The good thing about TOMS, though, is that you can just throw them in the washing machine when they get dirty/stinky and hang them up to dry. I'm lazy so I just put them in the dryer and they always come out fine. Beware of washing the coloured ones though, because they do bleed/fade depending on the colour!  I haven't washed the glitter ones; obviously because the glitter is probably going to come off!

The stone washed ones are the softest out of the three and are also the most comfortable. I usually wear them to school or if my feet hurt. TOMS also donates a pair of shoes to children in need for every pair bought. This is the primary reason why I hate knock-off toms (like the ones from Aldo). The Aldo ones are priced the same as the classic TOMS for $55. If you're going to pay the same amount, you might as well buy the pair that will benefit someone else too!






All the shoes I talked about previously are all over the place in terms of price and comfort. However, the one pair of flats I owned that were EXTREMELY comfortable were from non-other than.....


......FOREVER 21!

I bought those flats 3 summers ago and I wore them almost every single day. They only lasted around 4 months, but they only cost $11.50! I think that if you're looking for a pair of everyday flats, don't be afraid of buying a pair from a cheaper store like Forever 21 or H&M. A lot of the times, their flats are way more comfortable than the $70 ones at Aldo or other retailers. However, if you want a pair that's going to last a very long time, you have to be prepared to splurge!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. 15 pairs! Wow! You picked some great pairs as your favorites. I love those UNIF flats, but unfortunately it doesn't suit me at all! Toms are a must for comfort!

    I have never purchased a pair from any of these cheaper stores (H&M, F21) just because I immediately feel they won't be as comfortable - then again, I never tried them on and only judged that by looking. I will definitely give them a try next time I do shopping!

    ReplyDelete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.