Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

June 11, 2016

Aritzia Clientele

*UPDATED*

It's time again for the annual Aritzia summer sale! I think it's insane that I've been shopping at Aritzia for over 10 years and what's even crazier is that this is probably my 8th year being invited to the private sale. I haven't even been buying much stuff there over the last few years, but I think they know they can really hook me into buying stuff I don't need if they invite me to the private sale haha




While the sale percentages are relatively the same from the previous years, Aritzia has changed the name of the sale from 'Private Presale' to 'Clientele'. I also recently found out from a friend that there are more tiers than just Tier 1 and 2 now. I'm guessing I'm probably in the top tier (for some odd reason), because they called me and asked if I wanted to set up a private shopping appointment.

I made a list of things I'm interested in buying, like I do every year, but it's a pretty short list this year. They haven't really come out with anything for the past year that I'm interested in and also I'm trying to reduce my spending on clothing.

Remember my post on the Mackage Kenya? Well I got another one AGAIN. I gained weight recently and my old one is pretty tight around the arms so I sized up to an XS from XXS. I got most of the items in store as I really need to try stuff on now to see how things fit (unlike when I was skinnier and could count on getting the same size in everything). The zippers on the one I got this year are a gunmetal colour so technically it's like getting a new jacket right?



I'm obsessed with long coats right now, so I got the Quincey jacket even though I already have the Cormac jacket. The Quincey jacket is pretty thin, so if you want something with more weight to it I'd suggest the Cormac jacket instead. This jacket has hidden buttons on the sleeves so the sleeves stay rolled up. It's also not too long, so it still works for petites. If you have wider shoulders, I'd suggest sizing up as the shoulders are narrow and the material has no give.


I got the Flaubert cardigan too, because for some reason I don't own any cardigans. I probably should've bought it years ago when the price was lower and the quality was better.


I got the Lorelei and Delphine dresses as well. I needed to get short or long-sleeved dresses (I'm pretty self-conscious about my arms) that would work for both work and weekends. A lot of the dresses that I've seen lately are either too dressed up or too casual so these dresses are a good middle ground. I'm also really lazy so I like dresses that you can just put on and that don't need to much accessorizing.



The gift with purchase this year is a cotton tote bag. These would probably be great for grocery shopping, but I'd rather have the candles like last year.  I'll probably be buying a few things online, so watch out for a possible part II to this post haha

*UPDATE*

I went to the stand alone Wilfred store to try some things on and ended up getting a pair of Citizens of Humanity jeans. They gave me another gift with purchase, which is a candle! I'm not sure if they're giving 2 gifts to everyone, but the box does say Wilfred on it so it's probably not available as a gwp at Aritzia locations.




SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this info. I got my invite to Clientele for this Monday, June 13. I received a phone message that said the sale is in-store and online. Do you know how the online sale works? I'm guessing that I sign-in and it somehow let's me into the Clientele sale?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad the post helped Mary!
      Once you sign in, all the prices on the site will reflect the discount immediately. :)

      Delete
  2. Do you know around how much I need to spend in order to get invited to this sale?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this info! I've been buying a lot of stuff from them for years but still haven't become a clientele. Is there something I need to do? I also shop in store and online but I'm worried all my in store experiences don't count towards my credit to receiving clientele access.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christie,
      I'm not sure why you wouldn't be getting invited if you've shopped there for a long time. :(
      I feel like it's actually easier to get invited now than before since there are more "tiers". I would try asking them though (maybe you're account isn't being pulled up when you buy stuff?).

      Delete
  4. Hi, I am debating between the mackage kenya and florica. I see that you had both. What made you decide to keep the kenya? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,

      The Kenya is a lot more flattering on all body types. I think that's why Aritzia has had it in stores for so many years! The florica is very boxy (like a traditional leather jacket) so it tends not to look as good if you have any curves or if you're not very tall. Hope this helps!

      Delete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.