Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

August 20, 2012

Review: Wildfox Couture & Revolve Clothing

I've been browsing around Revolve for quite some time now, but I've never bought anything. After seeing this Wildfox sweater though, I knew I had to have it. It's obviously no the most "mature" looking sweater, but I think it's cute and it's amazingly comfy.

 

Wildfox is an L.A. based company and has been incredibly popular with celebrities (just google wildfox baggy beach jumper and you'll see what I mean). You can read more about them on their website. I think the particular sweater that I got is a Revolve Clothing exclusive. I haven't seen the same sweater in other online retailers. It took about a week and half for me to get my sweater, but I was lucky enough not to pay any duties or taxes. I also got 10% off with the code TULIP. Revolve also ships to Canada for free. However, if you're returning the item, you have to pay for shipping (they don't provide a prepaid label like they do with orders shipped to the US). 




Even though the sweater isn't made of particularly luxurious material, it is SO soft! The only weird thing about it is that it arrived looking slightly pilled. I'm not sure if that's part of the design since this is my first sweater from this brand. The heart part of the sweater has some weight to it and I haven't had any problems with the glitter getting on everything (a complaint some have with the white sweater with red heart). Also, the sweater is made in the USA, which is probably why it's priced at $107USD.


I got it in a MEDIUM, but I could probably go down to an XS or S. The sweater fits about 1 size big, but it is meant to fit oversized. I've also already washed mine and it didn't shrink. Here's a picture of me with it on at F21 (for reference I'm 5 feet tall):



 If the price is too steep, I suggest getting this sweater from Forever 21:

 

The F21 sweater is $21.80CAD and it is just as soft as the Wildfox sweater. However, I did get a LARGE of this sweater, because I find that F21 clothing tends to shrinks no matter how you wash them! The large in F21 fits a tiny bit bigger than the medium in Wildfox.

Overall, I didn't have any problems ordering or receiving my sweater from Revolve. The quality and look of the sweater also met my expectations. I like it so much that I'm planning to get another one soon!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. just curious, did you order a different color than the one on the model? Or does the sweater look pink in real life?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual colour is in between the model picture and my own picture. =]

      Delete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.