Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

August 08, 2012

Bedroom Reveal

I finally got around to fixing, moving stuff, and taking pictures of my new bedroom. As you'll see in the pictures, almost all the furniture is from IKEA. I generally chose these pieces, because I wanted furniture that would be easy to integrate when I move out and get my own condo or townhouse. My closet, study/work table, and shelves are custom-made (by my parents). You can't see it in the pictures, but my room is tiny! It probably would have been better to get a twin bed, but I hate sleeping on small beds and I really like the look of the IKEA bed frame. For the paint colour, I ended up going for something that wasn't even one of my original choices. The paint colour is a slightly darker colour than Blair Waldorf's (Gossip Girl) room paint colour. I do think it fits well with the furniture though.

I'd have to say that the best part of the new room is the custom closet. This closet is really small, but since my parents put in the new shelving and drawer, I can put so much more stuff in it. I'm so happy that I finally have shelves to put my bags on! It's also a lot easier to organize everything. You can't really tell in the pictures, but the clothes are actually organized by type and colour. My mom was saying that I have OCD judging from how my clothes are folded and how disturbingly organized the clothes are -_-


Breakdown of Items & Prices (in CAD):

Paint / Valspar China Blue ~$40 (Lowes)
Bedframe / IKEA Birkeland Queen $399
Drawer Unit / IKEA Alex $149
Makeup Table / IKEA Malm $129
Wall Mirror / IKEA Ung Drill $19.99 (reg. $29.99)
Black Velvet Hangers / JYSK 50 pack $16.99 (reg. $24.99)


Here are some pictures of the room:


While I have most of the larger furniture all set up, I still need decorating items. The room looks really bare and plain right now. I'm finding it really difficult to find just the right thing to decorate my room though. I was planning to get a large world map (with all the places I've been to marked on it) to put above my headboard, but I feel like it doesn't really match the furniture, paint colour, and general look of the room. I'm thinking of putting wall decals there instead (though I'm not sure what kind yet).

I'm still in need of the following items: lamp, door hangers (hooks), closet hooks, jewelry stands/holders, decorative pillows, and wall decorations. I feel like I've been to pretty much every store in Vancouver and I STILL can't find the things I need at a reasonable price. Everything I've seen that I do like is way over my budget (ex. a $400 lamp). I've looked online as well, but I haven't found anything that has "clicked".

If you have any suggestions on where to buy bedroom/decorative accessories, please leave a comment below!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. It looks great!! I especially love your new vanity area. Have you checked The Cross and Home Sense for decorative accessories? Front & Company had cute jewelry holders and random things as well, though not sure if they fit your aesthetic.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions Alison! I'll definitely be checking those places out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the theme of your room. You totally utilized the small space to your advantage. I usually like to look at Winners for interesting pieces.

    ~ Something About Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks fabulous! The paint color is unique and I like the white furniture pieces. You really have me thinking about getting that vanity table.

    I'm currently renovating my room, I found a lot of cute pieces from Urban Barn. I went to their outlet in Poco and saved a tonne. Craigslist also has good finds. I got a $350 crystal lamp for $100. Good luck in your search!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved how your room turned out! The UNG drill mirror is gorgeous and fits in so well against the blue wall and with the white furniture :). Winners and Homesense have really nice lamps for $40 and under. I got mine from there 3-4 years ago and I love it. (Checkout my blog in my vanity post if you want to see it)Also if you go down to the states once and a while try Ross, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved how your room turned out! The UNG drill mirror is gorgeous and fits in so well against the blue wall and with the white furniture :). Winners and Homesense have really nice lamps for $40 and under. I got mine from there 3-4 years ago and I love it. (Checkout my blog; Polishyourworld, in my vanity post if you want to see it)Also if you go down to the states once and a while try Ross, Marshalls, or TJ Maxx.

    ReplyDelete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.