Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

December 05, 2012

Review: Jeffrey Campbell Lita Spike

I'm sure if you read fashion/lifestyle blogs and/or watch youtube, you've come across the Jeffrey Campbell Lita shoes. These shoes have seriously blown up and have become an "it" item. I definitely liked the way they looked in stock pictures, but a lot of the pictures of people actually wearing them were not too appealing. Admittedly, I never understood why people liked them so much because I felt like they made some people's feet look like hooves.

I actually ended up trying them on in person and I liked the way they fit. I hate wearing heels, but these were one of those high heeled shoes that did not make me feel like I was going to topple over. This was obviously due to the platform. I did not end up buying the ones I tried on because I could not justify the $200 price tag. Luckily enough, I found an incredible deal on the Lita Spike on Solestruck as part of the site's Black Friday sale.




I paid $57 (no tax, no shipping fee, no other fees at the door either)! Regular price on the site is $189.95 (the usual sale price ranges from $100-$130). This is probably one of the best deals I've ever found. I received the shoes after exactly 6 days, which is pretty fast considering shipping is free and I ordered them at a time when I'm sure Solestruck was busy filling orders.

The packaging of the shoes was quite thought out. The shoes were wrapped in Styrofoam and put into individual dust bags. The box also includes extra spikes and a little warning card:


The shoes:

Jeffrey Campbell Lita Spike in Brick Red (suede)

I've read reviews and watch videos saying the spikes are very sharp and that you have to be careful taking the shoes off. Honestly, they're not that sharp. I took them off like I do with other shoes (grabbing the back of the shoe) and the spikes didn't puncture anything. The spikes on my Unif Hellraiser flats are sharper.



The soles are made of rubber. I've walked around with these on hardwood floor and I don't find myself slipping and sliding. I would still recommend putting sole grips on the bottom just in case though.


Fit: AT LEAST 1/2 size big. I went down a full size (from my usual 6 to a 5) and they fit fine. The toe box is slightly tight with socks on, but I think these should stretch a bit more to be able to accommodate socks since they are suede. The top of the shoe ends slightly above my ankles and also has plenty of room to be able to fit jeans or leggings. I wish that there was just a tiny bit less room so my feet don't wobble around so much though.

Comfort: More comfortable than normal heels, such as the Steve Madden Dejavu pumps. They are a little heavy due to the spikes (about 1.2 lbs per shoe). They also have above average quality padding that is more concentrated in the heel section.

Quality: The pair that I received are above average quality, but nothing incredible. The suede feels a lot more lush than suede shoes you can get at Aldo or Steve Madden. However, there are some studs that are loose on one of the shoes (the spikes are sturdy though). The spikes and studs are also not perfectly aligned, but this isn't noticeable.

Would I recommend these? YES. Especially for girls that hate wearing heels.
These have a 5 inch thick heel and 2 inch platform, so they are a lot easier to walk in. However, I would suggest trying them in stores if you can, just to make sure you really like them. I would also suggest waiting for them to go on sale (they often do).

At the risk of sounding like a mean girl, I would NOT recommend these shoes to girls or guys with larger calves. I think the shape of the shoe will only accentuate legs that are larger. However, if you're confident and you love them, don't let my recommendation stop you from getting these shoes!

Also, if you do not like high maintenance shoes, I would recommend purchasing the leather version and not the coloured suede variations of this shoe. Suede will definitely show wear and tear quicker and it's more of a hassle to wear them in the rain.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Thank you for the review, I've been wondering about the sole because no one (so far from googling) had mentioned if they slipped in their shoes or not cause it looked completely flat without any ridges!
    Now that I know that it's rubber, it makes sense!

    You were lucky to get such a great deal! I ordered my Lita Metal Cap ones (steel toe cap) and am waiting for them for about 108$ (175 original) and that was the lowest I could find (Canada too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. could you measure from heel of the foot to the front for me please? i need to see which size i should get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, the jeffrey campbell lita pairs looks so good! I once bought fake Litas but I sold them to another girl, because I wasn't wearing them and they smelled funny

    ReplyDelete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.