Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

December 29, 2012

Aritzia Favourites

I've been trying to find something to blog about for a while now, and Kerri's post inspired me to do my own Aritzia Favourites List. Before that though, I do hope you're all enjoying your holidays and hopefully received some great gifts too!

As all the people I know are aware of, I shop at Aritzia a lot. I honestly do not own that many clothes (compared to people that I know or other bloggers), but a huge chunk of my closet is filled up with stuff from Aritzia. I've found that Aritzia is still the only store that carries clothing that consistently fit me well and that reflect my style.

Aritzia is having their boxing week sale at the moment so the pieces that I'll be listing will most likely be on sale. However, don't expect the sale to be great since these pieces are styles that they carry every season due to their popularity.






1. Mackage Kenya leather jacket
The BLACK is currently on sale for $550 (from $575). The seasonal colours have more discount (ex. brown on sale for $425).

I've been on a journey with this jacket. I loved it when I first saw it, hated it after I bought it, loved it again, and bought it again. I think the only reason why I "hated" it at that point in time was because my style was less mature and fashionable then and I didn't have as many ideas on what to wear the jacket with. I'm not saying my style has drastically changed, but I feel that I'm more willing to take risks now than before. I love this jacket so much that I would honestly buy this jacket again if I need to.

Also, I lost weight so it looks better on me now haha






2. T.Babaton Tinsley blouse
Black and white on sale for $90 (from $95). Seasonal colours on sale for $78.

I have this blouse in black and white. These are my go-to blouses when I have no idea what to wear to a business casual outing. They're great for the summer too since they're a thin silk material and I usually wear them to dress up summer outfits.







3. TNA Marshall shirt
On sale for $90 (from $95).

My one and only denim shirt. It's the perfect boyfriend-fit shirt; not too boxy, but no too tight either. The wash of this shirt also varies from shirt to shirt and I've found that the shirt retains its original colour even after a ton of machine washing. This is one of my go-to layering shirts. I usually wear it with my Mackage Kenya or wool sweaters and cardigans.




4. T.Babaton Howell peacoat
On sale for $280 (from $298).

I've had the black version of this jacket for almost 3 years and counting. I actually had a grey version beforehand for around 2 years, until I sold it to buy a smaller size. If you live in Vancouver and the surrounding area, you're probably aware of the huge number of girls that own this jacket. I think I counted seeing 10 girls wearing this jacket in one day! I really couldn't care less though, because I have yet to find a peacoat that has fit me as well as this one.

While there are cheaper or less common alternatives to this jacket (ex. H&M and Zara), I really hate the fit of other jackets. Other coats are usually too boxy or too long for my height. However, I do have to say that the quality of this jacket has diminished over the years. The one I have now and the grey one I had before had considerably thicker fabric than the ones sold in stores now.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.