Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

March 25, 2012

Trooper

Spring has finally arrived in raincouver Vancouver. I've been looking for a spring jacket and I was really interested in getting the tan-coloured Mackage Kenya. I ultimately decided against it because:

a) I don't have a job at the moment
b) I probably won't wear it that much
c) It's a lot of money to spend on a "trendy" (coloured) jacket.

I actually had a black Mackage Kenya before, but I ended up selling it. Although I loved the jacket, I was terrified to wear it everyday because it was so prone to scratches and rips (I take transit a lot). I actually know a girl that ripped part of her Kenya after it got caught on a hanger!


Aritzia: Talula Trooper jacket $120 CAD (colour: surplus)


So instead of getting a Mackage, I ended up purchasing the Talula Trooper jacket. I know a TON of girls in Vancouver have it, but I couldn't care less. I'm trying to re-adjust my thinking and I feel like if you like something, you shouldn't be scared to purchase it just because a lot of other girls own it too.

Although I love the jacket, I can't decide if I should return the green and buy the grey one instead. I know military green is a classic colour, but grey is nice too.


This is the grey one (from the Aritzia website):



*Excuse my gross mirror! I cleaned my room, but I somehow skipped the mirror haha
I'm wearing the surplus coloured one in XXXS

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. really cute jacket! i like the green one. i feel like the gray one might not be as versatile. both are really cute though =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the green one better! I have a similar one that I get a lot of wear out of in the warmer months.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm thinking I can even wear it on summer nights lol

      Delete
  3. I like the green better as well! You are 5'1 right? I'm so happy you put modeling pics because I really want the jacket as well but I was scared it would be too long on me! Is it fairly warm? I'm thinking of using it as a spring/rain jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I'm 5'1"! I like it when people have the size of the item and their height so I know wut size to buy too haha

      It's more of a shell, so it's not that warm lol
      I like that it's really easy to layer though (one of the girls at Aritzia wears hers under a puffy jacket in the winter).

      It is cotton though, so it's not waterproof at all, but I think it should be ok for very light rain.

      Delete
  4. I have both the green and the grey and I'm the minority here and I love the grey! It matches with my wardrobe scheme really well. I do love the whole green and military-esque look and it looks great as well, but I prefer the grey as it's a great neutral and a bit less casual to me!

    Whatever you decide to do will be a great choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it warm like for 10-15 degrees? ? it looks stunning by the way!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very thin jacket, so I'm not sure it'll be warm enough. I usually layer it with a button down shirt and a sweater though.

      Delete
  6. I fallen in love with Talula Trooper jacket. You size is XXXS, right? So can you tell, please, the item's measurement - from pit to pit ? many thanks !

    ReplyDelete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.