Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

June 13, 2012

Bedroom Paint Problems

So I'm in the middle of redecorating and repainting my old bedroom. My parents have already started laying hardwood flooring down and we're going to start painting this week! The problem is choosing the paint colour... While my mom thinks that we should paint the room a dark purple, I want a robin's egg blue (aka. tiffany blue). The flooring is going to quite dark so I don't know if a lighter colour will go better with that. Also, my room is pretty small and all my furniture is white.

My parents also want all the rooms in our house to be a different colour and my two youngest sisters want their room to be purple. We already have pink, blue, and green rooms.

What do you guys think? Any other colour suggestions?

**I'll probably be doing another post with all the furniture/decorating stuff that I'm planning to put in the room!

Here's some pictures to give you guys an idea:

This was the *only* picture that's close to the dark purple my mom wants!





My personal favourite. I like how this one is more of a muted, slightly grey-blue.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I would say go to the store and get a bunch of those paper strips with the paint colours (or better yet, small samples if they have them) and put it up on your wall. Then look at the colours under the various lighting like natural light, with a lamp, your room's night lighting (incandesent vs. fluorescent). I was able to elimiate a ton of options this way.

    Robin egg blue would definitely be nice, it's a good contrast for the dark floors and will go nicely with the white furniture. I ended up with a blue-toned gray for my room, it really surprised me because I never would've thought of that colour until I saw it on Pinterest. It's a match for Benjamin Moore's Pigeon Gray. Here's the link for it if you're interested: http://alittlepetite.blogspot.ca/2011/10/room-redesign.html

    Let us see your room once you're done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those colours are really pretty. I don't think the purple is good if your room is small, since it's dark. It might make it look smaller. The Tiffany blue is really pretty, but I can see why it might be hard to match.

    What I would do if it was my room is just paint one wall and then have it as an accent colour (like in the third picture).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably pick a lighter colour because if your room's already small and the hardwood is dark, dark walls will make the room seem even smaller and darker (unless you've got lots of good lighting).

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.