Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

February 25, 2012

Review: Hello Berry Bracelets

I just want to re-iterate that I do not get paid to do reviews. If I do get sponsored for anything I will definitely include it in the review! If I give something a glowing review, it's because I really like the item(s).



Ever since I discovered Etsy, I've been on it almost everyday looking for unique jewelry. I stumbled onto the Hello Berry page by accident when I was looking for chunky gold chain bracelets. The three girls that run the store are all from Toronto too! I ended up pre-ordering the Gold Dust Shake and the London Fog Mini Smoothie. 


Gold Dust Swirl $32 CAD  /  London Fog Mini Smoothie $14 CAD


Unfortunately, due to a mishap with their supplier for the "shake chain", my order couldn't be fulfilled. The girls at Helloberry sent me a letter detailing what happened and offered to give me a refund or to change my order to their new Gold Dust Swirl. Fortunately, I liked the look of the new swirl chain so I switched my order to that as well. 



I know some people may have been angry that they couldn't get their order fast enough, but it didn't bother me at all. I do realize that these girls don't just sit there making bracelets all day.

Here's a time frame of my order:

Jan. 30, 2012 = ordered bracelets
Feb.14, 2012 = received message regarding supplier issue
Feb. 14, 2012 = replied message saying switch-up is ok
Feb. 16, 2012 = bracelets shipped
Feb. 21, 2012 = received bracelets (approx. 3-4 business days)
*Shipping was $5CAD for first item, $1.50CAD for second item

The bracelets are supposed to fit over your knuckles and I find that they only stretch a tiny bit. I ordered a small for both bracelets and they fit me fine. The Mini Smoothie fits a little smaller than the Gold Dust though. Both bracelets are very lightweight; they're considerably lighter than the typical Juicy Couture charm bracelet. I know others like very weighty jewelry, but I like that these bracelets are light enough that you can layer a ton of them without feeling like you're holding a 5 lbs dumbbell. Although they're light, the bracelets are well made and they definitely don't look cheap.

Size: Small (both bracelets)

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase and I will definitely be ordering some more. If you see anything you like in their store, I suggest purchasing it asap since they don't always have the same items for sale. I regrettably missed purchasing their Silver Dust bracelet =( They also do custom orders, so you could always ask them to mix colours and chains.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. These are cute! They remind me of Monika from The Doctor's Closets bfrend bracelets though I don't think hers come in the gold and grey.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the bracelets from that store too! I decided on Helloberry because they were cheaper and they look exactly the same lol

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're an Etsy lover too :) I love Helloberry and order from them all the time! Etsy is THE place to find unique jewelry!

    ReplyDelete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.