Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

February 21, 2012

Review: MAC Call Me Bubbles

First of all, I love the new quad packaging. It feels and looks a lot sturdier and sleeker than the old one. The old quad palette is just like any other drugstore brand e/s. Anyway, on with the mini review.



MAC Call Me Bubbles quad ($45 CAD + tax) includes:

  • Call Me Bubbles - a shimmery light beige. This is my least favourite of the 4 shades. It's a satin finish, but it's a bit sheer and frosted for my tastes. 
  • Fresh Daily - a shimmery peach/orange. This is a mix of frost and satin finish. Pigmentation is good, but probably better with an e/s primer. 
  • Full of Flavour -  a matte coral pink. It has good pigmentation and isn't powdery.
  • Brash - a frosted metallic copper. This is the most pigmented of the 4 and goes on smooth.



I love this quad. I haven't bought a MAC quad in over 2 years and this is the only one so far that's caught my eye. I'm happy to say that I don't regret this purchase at all! It's definitely brighter than the neutral e/s I wear on a daily basis, but the shades aren't so crazy that I can't make them work for daily wear. 

My favourite of the 4 shades is Full of Flavour. It's a pink that's easier to pull off than the ones I have now (Dior 5 colour e/s in 690 Flower Blossom). Fresh Daily is a good everyday colour as well. It reminds me of the e/s that always seems to be used as an all-over lid colour in Japanese fashion magazines. Brash is a very nice pigmented copper. It's definitely a shade I don't have (most of my e/s similar to this lean towards a bronze or brown). I would use this as an all-over lid colour too.

I highly recommend purchasing this quad asap as they seem to be harder to find than the other 2 quads released with the new collection.
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This quad is super pretty... I didn't even realize they had changed the packaging! I agree that it looks more classy than the old one.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.