Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

July 21, 2014

Chanel Espadrilles

So I got on the Chanel bandwagon late and now that the prices of the Classic Flaps are unbelievably high I'm finding it harder to justify buying anything from Chanel (new at least). I decided to get something that wasn't going to break the bank and still be functional. 



The service from the NM associate was ok, but I was disappointed that the shoes were not packaged with a camelia flower and ribbons like they do when you buy in store =(  It seems like a stupid thing, but this is my first Chanel purchase so I kind of expected more.


These leather espadrilles are crazily popular, even though it's already been a few years since they came out. It's almost impossible to find them in Canada unless you're a VIP that has a very good sales associate. I purchased mine from Neiman Marcus through the phone, and had the shoes sent to a US post office for pickup. Normally, NM would charge $75 for shipping and you would have to pay taxes and duties which, honestly, would make the shoes not worth getting.





From info on TPF, most people find that the shoes fit small (especially for the canvas versions). However, the ones I got fit at least a 1/2 size big. I have to put a full insole in them or a front insoles with heel grips so that they're more snug. People on TPF suggested that this pair might have been returned by someone who tried to make the shoes fit on their big feet. It's too much of a hassle to return them or sell them, so I'm deciding to stay positive and just keep them. At least this way, I don't have to worry about them stretching more.



The lambskin is really soft, but is prone to scratches and creases so they're a little more high maintenance than the average leather espadrille. The shoes came with two dust bags for storage. The dust bags are a bit annoying as things stick to them so easily! There was so much fur stuck to them after I took these pictures.



I've worn them a few times and they're really comfortable. I wouldn't recommend them as everyday shoes though as the espadrille bottoms fray and doesn't last as long as a normal sole. I'm thinking of spraying them with fray check to make them last a little longer. 

SHARE:

1 comment

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.