Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

April 06, 2016

Review: Chasers Juice Revolution Cleanse

I wasn't originally going to do a review on this cleanse as I don't review food, but there aren't many reviews of their cleanses so I thought I'd get my opinion out there to help people that are interested in buying this cleanse. Unfortunately, there won't be any pictures of the juices as this wasn't a planned post.


I purchased a Groupon for Chasers a couple of weeks ago for $109 that was redeemable for either the Green Juice cleanse or Juice Revolution cleanse. I ended up ordering the Juice Revolution cleanse as some of the ingredients seems unique and interesting (ex. Haskap berries). Customer service was great over the phone, I just told them my name, pick up data and time, my Groupon number and that was it. I'm assuming the service was fine in store as well, because my boyfriend picked up the juices for me and he didn't have any issues. I also liked how the juices were packed in a type of insulated box to keep them fresh.

There are 6 juices per day, all labeled with the order and day which you're to drink them. I liked how the bottle caps were colour coordinated for each day (yellow - 1st day, blue - 2nd day, orange - 3rd day). It makes it really easy to grab the juice for the day when you're in a hurry, especially if you have a smaller fridge and you need to stack them horizontally. Chasers also provides a print out with some cleansing information and the list of juices that you're to drink each day (see picture below).





I won't list the juices individually, as I honestly didn't really like any of them. The juices were too sweet, and I didn't like that almost all the juices had agave in them. The only one that was ok was the "Lovin, Touching, Squeezing" juice, but that's probably because of the pineapples in it. The first drink of the day, "Start Me Up", was too spicy (it has cayenne pepper and hot pepper) even for me who puts hot sauce and sriracha on everything. The end of the day Cashew Milk was hard to drink as there was so much cinnamon in it and it was very heavy. The juices don't have a nutritional label, so there's no way of knowing that you're getting enough of the right nutrients when you're doing the cleanse. This also means that you can't tell if the sugar content in each juice is too high.

This wasn't a difficult cleanse and I didn't really feel hungry. However, I did have the flu the week before I did this cleanse, so I was already used to just having liquids or eating very little. To be honest, if hadn't done the Krocodile Pear Blue Run cleanse before, I probably would've thought that the Chasers cleanse was fine. I would've chalked up the taste of the juices to me not having done a cleanse before, but that's just not the case. I feel like Chasers took ingredients that are individually healthy, but didn't really think of the way they were putting them together. Nowhere on their site does it say they worked with a nutritionist though, so that's probably why.



Pros: Great customer service, easy to read juice labelling

Cons: No nutritional information, blend of juices sub-par, too much added sweetener, pricey (at regular price compared to other cleanses)

TL;DR: 
If you want to try a higher quality cleanse, I would recommend Krocodile Pear. They're cleanses are more affordable than other companies' ($150 for the 3 day Blue Run cleanse), and they list all the ingredients off each juice on their site and on the juice bottles. They also do free delivery to certain areas. Please note that I'm not being paid by Krocodile Pear, I just don't want people spending $200 on a juice cleanse that's not the best they can get at that price point. :)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.