Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

May 18, 2013

Balenciaga City

I finally got my first Balenciaga! I regret not getting this bag instead of my Louis Vuitton Trevi as Balenciaga eventually discontinued the rose gold giant hardware (RGGH). They now have the "mini giant" hardware which I don't think has the same impact as the giant hardware.

I bought the bag off Malleries for a pretty good price (I'd been browsing different pre-owned ones). Although it's defintely not in perfect condition (has scuff marks on the bottom corners and no mirror), I'm so glad I finally found a black one with RGGH for such a reasonable price. I've only had the bag for two weeks and It's already become my favourite! It gives off a very casual/cool look no matter what I'm wearing.

The one complaint I have is that this bag is substantially more high maintenance than any bag I've ever had. I read a lot of Purseforum threads regarding the fading issues on black Balenciagas, but I feel like it's easier to fix fading compared to stains (on lighter coloured bags). Also, the bag needs conditioning to prevent the leather from drying and cracking.
Anyway, here's some pictures of the bag!
 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Love your Balenciaga! It's such a staple in any wardrobe. I had the City and Hobo in the past and they are such beautiful bags.

    ReplyDelete

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.