Vancouver review, lifestyle, & fashion blog.

January 19, 2012

SLGs (Small Leather Goods)

A few months ago I was desperate to find a cardholder/small wallet because I had just bought a Rebecca Minkoff MAC and my Louis Vuitton Sarah was way too big to fit in it. The Sarah pretty much took up half the bag and I could barely fit my essentials (ex. sunglasses, camera, keys, etc.). 

At first I was looking to get one of these from Louis Vuitton:

Louis Vuitton Cardholder $270 USD

Louis Vuitton Zippy Coin Purse (ZCP) $470 USD

I was debating between these two for a while, because I LOVE vernis leather; it's both classy and super durable. I ultimately decided against it because I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on a wallet I probably won't use all the time. 


I ended up getting the Rebecca Minkoff ziparound wallet ($125 USD) a month or two ago:



...BUT today I discovered (and bought) this Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q wallet:







I like the MBMJ one A LOT better than the Rebecca Minkoff. It's more compact and also has an ID window (which is always a plus when you're a student). I never even used the RM one because it was too bulky for the purpose that I wanted it for. I got mine on sale at Aritzia for $125+tax (reg. $138). Not a huge discount, but better than paying $300+ right? I'm also selling the Rebecca Minkoff one so that offsets what I paid for the MBMJ one. 

Here's some comparison pictures of the RM and MBMJ:



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© probably improbable | All rights reserved.